No products in the cart.
You can do anything with human hair extensions that you can do to your natural hair. This includes dyeing, cutting, heat styling and chemically processing your human hair. Many weave wearers dye extensions to get an exact match to their natural hair color. It’s very effective and turns out beautiful!
Do keep in mind that Virgin hair extensions are the best type of weaves for dyeing your hair. Virgin Remy hair extensions have not been chemically processed in any way, so they can be dyed without causing hardly any damage to your hair. While it’s best to avoid overly harsh chemicals, virgin Remy extensions can be lightened or darkened as natural hair. Do not dye non-Remy hair weaves. This kind of synthetic hair extensions have been chemically treated, which strips the strands to their weakest. They are generally not strong enough to be dyed.
PRODUCTS FOR COLORING HAIR EXTENSION
Small mixing bowl
A tint brush
Hair dye kit
Steps to Color the Hair Extensions
To color your extensions safely and efficiently, simply follow the step-by-step guide outlined below:
1. Apply an ample amount of color to completely saturate each section of your hair extensions.
2. Make sure that you color both sides of your extensions When coloring always apply from your starting point downwards, following the natural fall of the hair. If you apply the color upside down/upward brushing, this could damage your extensions and may leave your extensions frizzy or disheveled.
3. Color should process anywhere from 20 to 40 minutes. You may want to check a small section every 5 to 10 minutes, by gently rubbing the color off the extension with a paper towel, but make sure to reapply the color with your color brush after checking, (hair color when wet appears darker than dry hair color).
4. This step involves rinsing excess hair color from the extensions. To ensure faster and more thorough removal of color, use warm water when rinsing the extensions. After all the dye is gone, shampoo the extensions and apply a conditioner. You can comb through the extension gently after applying the conditioner to straighten the hair.
5. You now have to rinse your colored Brazilian extensions using cold water to get rid of the conditioner. This is not only leave the hair looking shiny, but will also seal the hair coloring.
Finally, you should air dry the extension. Air drying preserves moisture and leaves hair looking shinier. If you are in a hurry you can speed up the process by using a diffuser or a blow dryer.